Welcome to What Lou reads and more!
Please click on the links below to explore my site and read my blog posts!
- How To Kill Your Family – reviewHow To Kill Your Family – Bella Mackie ⭐️⭐️⭐️ I enjoyed this book but it definitely wasn’t what I’d expected! The detail in the murders was good and creative, but other parts of the book were too detailed. I wanted to skip through to the good bits! There were parts of the books that madeContinue reading “How To Kill Your Family – review”
- Review: The Beast of Buckingham PalaceReview: The Beast of Buckingham Palace by David Walliams After the heaviness of the last few books I’ve read, I thought a fun and easy read was in order, so I plumped for The Beast of Buckingham Palace, by David Walliams The book is set in 2120, and Prince Alfred must find the strength andContinue reading “Review: The Beast of Buckingham Palace”
- Review of Cries Unheard: The Story of Mary Bell by Gitta Sereny … and a bit of a rant!Review of Cries Unheard: The Story of Mary Bell by Gitta Sereny … and a bit of a rant! I’ve been interested in youth crime and justice since I did an elective in it at uni (14 years ago 😩), so this was a fascinating read. It takes us from 1957 when Mary was born,Continue reading “Review of Cries Unheard: The Story of Mary Bell by Gitta Sereny … and a bit of a rant!”
- Reviews so far….I’ve just finished my 10th book for 2021, so rather than do full reviews of all of them I thought I’d get into the swing of things with a short review on books 1 – 9, and then kick off properly with a more in depth review of book 10. Otherwise I’ll forever be weeksContinue reading “Reviews so far….”
- Welcome!Welcome to my blog – what Lou reads and more! This is a completely new venture for me and inspired by my very good friend Vicky who said she’d read it (at least that’s one reader, right?!). I grew up in a reading family and have always loved reading, but the older I got theContinue reading “Welcome!”